Plumbing Tips for New House in Kerala
Understanding Plumbing: A Vital Building Component
Considerations for Plumbing in Kerala's Unique Environment
Learn these plumbing tips for a new house in Kerala!
- Building Codes and Plumbing Guidelines: First of all the building codes and guidelines for plumbing, water supply, and drainage systems must be well-studied.
- Assessing Water Sources and Quality: Assessment of water sources must be the next priority. For that, an understanding of the depth and quality of the well and water source is needed. If necessary, a water filtration system can be asked for. Since Kerala receives a flashy monsoon, we can opt for rainwater harvesting as an eco-friendly option for irrigation purposes and flushing toilets.
- Selecting High-Quality Plumbing Materials: As we have already said, high-grade plumbing materials, especially for pipes need to be installed. This is because of high humidity levels and heavy showers in Kerala. Use only highly durable corrosion-resistant materials like CPVC or UPVC for piles.
- Effective Drainage Design for Heavy Rains: The drainage design should be made to handle heavy rains and prevent flooding. For that usage, proper grading and installing rain gutters and drainage channels are recommended.
- Electrical Safety Measures in Plumbing: The electrical system in connection with plumbing must be protected by using elevated electrical outlets and fixtures in areas prone to flooding or waterlogging.
- Septic Tank Installation and Compliance: If your property is not connected to a local body sewage system, a septic tank must be installed, by following the local regulations and guidelines strictly.
- Eco-Friendly Options: Solar Water Heating: To reduce your electricity bills considerably, a solar water heating system can be installed, which is again a significant eco-friendly option.
- Managing Water Pressure in Kerala Buildings: A pressure regulator is mandatory in buildings in Kerala, where fluctuations in water pressure are regular. This will help in maintaining consistent water pressure throughout.
- Water Conservation Practices in Plumbing: Water conservation is the need of the hour. Reduced water usage should be practiced for this. Installing low-flow fixtures, dual flush toilets, and sensor faucets to ensure. water conservation.
- Regular Maintenance for Plumbing Systems: Regular maintenance of the plumbing system should be conducted to tackle any leakage, corrosion, clogging, water logging, mold, or mildew growth. Periodical inspection is very much solicited.
- Choosing Local Plumbers and Contractors: Local plumbers and contractors can be called for your plumbing needs as they are familiar with the climatic, geographical, and unique challenges. Along with that the plumbing system installed by you must be able to handle the increased water flow during monsoon by using larger drains and regular cleaning of gutters and downspouts. The shut-off valves must be personally known to you in case of an emergency flooding situation or a plumbing issue during monsoon.
- Ensuring Monsoon-Ready Plumbing: By taking these points into account and entrusting the plumbing works to professionals, you will be blessed with perfect plumbing and drainage systems.
GreenToday Architects: Your Trusted Construction Partner
Hope these plumbing tips for new house in Kerala provide some insight for you.
We are the most sought-after architectural and construction company which has realized stupendous buildings in the forms of residential villas and flats, business apartments and offices, commercial complexes and malls, educational institutions and government offices with global quality standards using in-depth knowledge in architecture and engineering, world-class experience, high browed project management system, and super transparent dealings.
We take all your construction needs from procurement of land to soil testing, architectural design, construction, interior decoration, exterior design, Green Building construction, home automation, safety features incorporation, etc. with unmatched perfection and innovative working patterns.
Moreover, we are offering one year warranty and lifetime support for all our handed-over projects. No compromise will be given to the quality of materials and quality of work.
As far as plumbing is considered, an in-house team of plumbers and electricians who are capable of carrying out any sort of work and facing challenges are ready for your service. So, if you need any of our services, please contact GreenToday Architects, at the earliest.